OpenWorld Learning was founded by Chris Myers in 2000 to provide a fun and challenging after-school educational program centered on teaching advanced computer technology to Denver area students.
Since our inception we have proudly served more than 6,000 students with over 600,000 contact hours, including 669 students who received more than 82,621 contact hours during the 2013-2014 school year.
OpenWorld Learning’s curriculum and results have received widespread praise from independent sources in education, community, and business. This is reflected by highly acclaimed formal honors, including:
- 2012– Awarded Colorado’s top non-profit organization, as noted in Colorado BIZ Magazine
- 2011 – OWL received the ISTE Seal of Alignment for their elementary and middle school curriculums. ISTE is the gold standard in measuring digital literacy in students for curriculum and student assessment. Click here for more information.
- 2007 – Excellence in Education Award by Denver Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- 2007 – One of the 50 Most Innovative Technology Companies in the State of Colorado by CSIA – the network and voice of Colorado’s information technology community.
- 2004 – Colorado Community Technology Program of the Year by Jared Polis Foundation.
OpenWorld Learning is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that supports children’s school success by tapping the power of digital technology and peer teaching to develop leadership and ignite a love of learning.