Send your 3rd to 6th grade child to Tech Camp!
6 Different, One Week, Full Day Camps
June 6 – July 22, 2016
University of Denver
Metropolitan State University of Denver
$275 per week
- Discover Engineering with LEGO Robotics! Full camp descriptions here.
- Imagine and Build with LEGO Robotics! Full camp descriptions here.
- Camp Tech I Full camp descriptions here.
- Camp Tech II Full camp descriptions here.
- Camp Code I – Digital Maze Full camp descriptions here. –Metro is full! Secure your child’s spot at our other 2 locations!
- Camp Code II – Game Design Full camp descriptions here.
Students will register in one week increments for as many weeks as desired.
Full camp schedule here.
- Hands-on activities that are engaging and informative
- Weekly field trips
- Summer reading and reflection time
- Opportunities to explore current technologies
- Fun and exciting topics
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and experienced instructors
- Drop-off and pick-up times designed to accommodate working parents
Open to the general public. OWL Summer Technology Camps cost $275 per week and proceeds from tuition go towards providing high quality technology programs during the school year, free of charge, in Title-I schools. OWL Tech Summer Camps are located at The University of Denver (DU), Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Regis University.
If you request a refund of the OWL Tech Camp tuition more than 30 days from the start date of any cancelled week, OpenWorld Learning will assess a $75 service fee and return the balance of the tuition. Refunds will not be granted less than 30 days from the start date for any cancelled week.
Tips for Taxes!
Did you know that your child’s participation in 2016 OWL Tech Camps may qualify for Flexible Spending Account reimbursement or a tax credit? If you are in need of receipts verifying your child’s participation in one of our programs, please email us and we will be happy to send them to you. Our tax identification number is 84-1538872.
A limited number of scholarships are available. OWL’s scholarship program is intended to help all children continue learning during the summer on a college campus, in order to support their school success during the school year. No family should be discouraged from applying to an OWL Summer Tech Camp due to lack of funds. We welcome a broad cross section of families from diverse backgrounds who believe in their children and look forward to their ability to succeed. Scholarships are available to students at all OWL Tech Camps depending upon availability of funding and financial need. Scholarships are only available for families who are eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch. Requests for financial assistance are received and approved on a first come/first served basis. OpenWorld Learning strives to provide as many scholarships as possible to children who may otherwise be unable to attend camps. You are not automatically guaranteed a spot in the summer camp if you submit a Scholarship request. OWL Staff will be in contact with you after May 2, 2016 to confirm scholarship enrollment.
Have a question about Summer Tech Camp?
Click here: OWL Summer Tech Camp FAQ for many answers.
Click here for OWL Summer Tech Camp 2015 Photo Galleries!
Click here for OWL Soars in a Helicopter!