Donate Laptops & Supplies
Want to donate in other ways?
We are always in need of used laptops, new digital cameras, jump drives and other supplies. Take a look at our current wish list for our most immediate needs. Please see: OWL’s WishList
Donate a Laptop
Donate a new or used laptop. OWL serves over 1,200 students a year and as an incentive, OWL provides them with laptops for completing our program. Since over half of our population does not have access to technology, this is not only life changing for the OWL student but for their family as well. Please consider a donation of any working, virus-free, Windows 7 or higher laptop to a great cause. To schedule, contact Lucy Jayes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-832-0066.
It takes a lot to run a non profit organization. If you have expertise in any field it’s likely that we will find it useful.
For more information on making supply or service donations please contact Lucy Jayes at email@example.com
Contributions With Benefits
Here are some of the ways to support OWL in your day to day life.
Make normal purchases and these participating vendor will contribute to OWL.
Merchant Contributions (just shop or eat):
Shop: ebay FOR CHARITY, amazonsmile, King Soopers Cards, goodshop
Shop & Eat: Givella
Eat: Restaurant Nights
ebay FOR CHARITY
There are three ways for ebay to assist you in making the efforts of OpenWorld Learning possible:
- Selling for OpenWorld Learning, with a Percentage being Donated
- Making a Donation
- Search for Items offering a Donation to OpenWorld Learning when Sold
Here is a Link: Make OpenWorld Learning Your Favorite
ebay with PayPal. When you donate through PayPal Giving Fund during the holidays, PayPal will add 1%. That means that 101% of your donation goes to OWL.
Here is a Link: Donate with PayPal
What is amazonsmile?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets you, a ProudOWL Supporter, enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to OWL.
Naturally, the best place to do all of Your (Holiday) Shopping! OWL Thanks You!
King Soopers Cards
The convenience of a card provides a benefit, 5% goes to OWL. Simply put, you have the convenience of a King Soopers Card to purchase your groceries, and five cents of your dollar goes to OWL automatically. That would be a contribution of $5 for every $100 you reload on your card, that King Soopers donates to OWL.
Just contact King Soopers and buy as many cards as you would like at the denominations you want.
In order to get cards sent to the King Soopers that is most convenient for you, call the King Soopers gift card department – 303-698-3454. The number for OWL is #107913.
It is from reloading your card that OWL receives the 5% Contribution. Just put money on the card at the register. Then use the card to pay for your groceries, and King Soopers donates to OWL.
For More Information, Please Contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 303-832-0066
Thank you for your support!
Givella – An Application to Contribute to OWL
Great news! To make it extra easy for you help support OWL, we have partnered with a great new app called Givella! The app allows you to raise money for OWL every time you shop.
- Download the free app from the iOS App Store.
- Select OWL as your cause.
- Every time you shop or dine with a partner merchant you’ll raise money for OWL!
The partner merchants make contributions of up to 10% of every dollar you spend, so the donations will add up fast! SloHi Coffee, St. Killian’s Cheese Shop, Sarto’s, Jefferson Park CrossFit, The Mamahood and BookBar are just a few participating merchants – and the list is growing!
Our goal with this program is to help you contribute to our work while doing what you like to do already. If you have questions, email email@example.com.
Thank you for helping OWL take advantage of this wonderful program!
Restaurant Nights (Please mention OWL)
Leave a legacy. Consider OpenWorld Learning (OWL) when making your estate plans. Planned giving provides both you and OWL a unique connection that can honor your wishes and also provide vital sustenance to OWL.
Careful estate planning can ensure that your assets are distributed as you wish, often times with tax benefits to you. We hope this information is useful, but be sure to contact your attorney or estate planner who can help design the right approach for your planned gift. Please contact Lea Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-832-0066 if you would like to discuss how to support OWL through planned giving.
Why Make a Planned Gift?
- Planned gifts can offer tax benefits to you – Estate planning tools such as bequests, IRA asset allocation, Charitable Gift Annuities (CGA), and Charitable Remainder Trusts offer significant tax incentives for you. For example a bequest is 100% deductible from a donor’s estate and can reduce potential estate taxes. A CGA offers the donor a tax deduction and can potentially sidestep capital gains taxes. Certain planned giving vehicles also enable the donor to ensure that his or her heirs will be financially provided for, alongside supporting a charitable cause.
- Planned gifts offer you a say in how the funds will be used – You can specify how you wish the funds to be used such as supporting specific OWL programs, offering general support, or helping build OWL’s endowment. Whether you are publicly memorialized by a bequest or remain anonymous is something that can be pre-decided by you.
- Planned gifts allow you to support OWL without affecting your current financial situation – Since most planned giving can be structured to take effect at the end of life, you ordinarily would not have to accommodate any changes in your daily lifestyle.
- Planned gifts give OWL sustainability – The flexibility and relative simplicity of establishing a planned gift provides an innovative tool OWL can pass on to our loyal members and helps us build larger gifts over time and increase our ability to sustain programs.
Ways to Make a Planned Gift
There are any number of ways to make a planned gift, the simplest being bequests and beneficiary designations such as IRAs, life insurance, and annuities. The vehicle of your Planned Gift in some ways is secondary because you will need to figure out what’s best in your situation with your financial or legal adviser. We are happy to work with you and your advisor as you make plans.
- Bequests – Use one of the most popular and simplest ways to make a gift, a will or living trust. When you remember OWL in your will or living trust, you’ll continue supporting our mission long after you’re gone.
- Beneficiary Designations – Continue supporting our work even after your lifetime by naming us as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, life insurance, or insurance annuity assets. Take the time to ensure that your retirement plan, life insurance, and insurance annuity assets are distributed as you wish and that you understand the tax implications of your choice.
- Gift of Stock as a Planned Gift
- Other Ways of Giving – Charitable Gift Annuities, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Memorial and Honorary Gifts, Donor Advised Funds, Endowed Gifts, Retained Life Estate, Charitable Lead Trusts
Donate Your Car Through Vehicles for Charity
Wondering what to do with your used car or truck? Donating your old vehicle to OpenWorld Learning (OWL), is convenient, easy, and may qualify you for a tax deduction. And best of all, your donation of a used car or truck will make a big difference in supporting OWL!
Why not donate your vehicle today? All you need to do is to complete our simple online form or call 1-866-628-2277 and we’ll take care of the rest. We will pick up your vehicle, arrange to have your donation towed, and provide you with a tax-deductible receipt, all at no charge to you.
Call 1-866-628-2277 or visit there online form at http://www.vehiclesforcharity.org/Donate/OWLD.html.
Read FAQs about our partnership with Vehicles for Charity.
Show Your Support
Webpage For OWL!
Create a Fundraising Page or Information Page for OWL!
Another way to give is to post a Fundraising and/or an Information Page on your website for OWL. This can be your own site or a site of someone you know. Perhaps your employer would be willing to support OWL in this manner.
Spread the word and encourage those that visit your site to learn more about, and support the efforts of OWL in the Denver Metro Communities.
OWL has been making STEM happen for over 15 years! STEM Education is vital for the future economy of Denver and Colorado. Only with STEM training can we attract the jobs, companies, and opportunities that will drive our economy now and in the future! We must have qualified, trained people to fill those jobs, at all levels, or the jobs will just not be here. OWL students are being prepared for the future in many ways. Science, technology, engineering and math, let’s make it happen together!
For more information and materials to make this happen. . .
It takes a village! Thank you neighbor!
Become a Member of the Creating Possibilities Society
The Creating Possibilities Society celebrates individuals in the community who are dedicated to creating real-life possibilities and learning opportunities for OWL students. Become a member today.
2016-2017 Annual Sponsorship Opportunities
LEAD – $50,000 IGNITE – $25,000 ACHIEVE – $10,000 INNOVATE – $7,000
BELIEVE – $5,000 DISCOVER – $3,000 CREATE – $1,000
Help OWL further their mission and reach to youth in the Denver metro area. Make a donation to help bridge the digital divide and ignite a love of learning in Denver’s at-risk youth. Just $50 can provide a laptop or tablet to an OWL student who has completed our curriculum! All gifts to OWL qualify for the Child Care Contribution Tax Credit, which depending on your tax situation, may result in a 50% credit on Colorado State Taxes.
Donate Auction Items
You will receive a letter of receipt of your donation from OpenWorld Learning for tax receipt purposes. OpenWorld Learning is a 501(c)3 charity and our employer identification number is 84-1538872.
Thank you for your support!